Summer Expedition Information Center
Packing List for Expedition
- IMPORTANT: Due to cargo capacity of the Suburbans we have rented (7 people in each vehicle with seven checked bags and seven personal bags), please pack your things in a soft duffle bag similar to the one pictured below. No larger than 90 litres – 13.1” H X 29” L X 16” W. No hard shell or soft-sided cases. There will simply not be enough room. Also your checked bag CANNOT exceed 40lbs. We will weigh bags before we depart on the morning of the 10th.
- UPDATED ITEM: A Hat
- Two (2) 48oz Nalgene Water Bottles (or similar)
- Day pack for day hikes. These should be rugged. They will get dirty, and may get wet. No cotton backpacks. I have several brand new bags that were donated by tactical tailor that anyone can have.
- Any medication that you take. We will bring standard OTC medications like ibuprofen, benadryl, etc.
- Two pairs of long hiking pants or exercise tights. Shorts do not provide adequate protection during hikes.
- One (1) pair of shorts
- Underwear (I really feel stupid saying that, but you never know)
- Five (5) pairs of good hiking socks or padded running socks
- One swimsuit for hotel pools and rafting. Please ladies, one piece only. Guys, something durable. An optional rash guard surfing shirt might not be a bad idea.
- Hiking shoes or trail running shoes
- Aquatic shoes or sandals (see below)
- Lightweight rain jacket for layering
- One (1) polar fleece or sweatshirt (it will probably be cold in the mornings when we are in the mountains).
- Two (2) long sleeve athletic shirts
- Two (2) t-shirts
- Money for lunches and souvenirs
Every hotel we will be staying at will have laundry facilities, so you can plan on washing your clothes at some point. There is absolutely no shame in recycling outfits, in fact, I STRONGLY recommend it. It will keep your luggage weight down and simplify your morning routines. We will be leaving the hotels very early each day, and the last thing you want is to have a clothing crisis. Keep it simple.
|Depart Columbus, Ohio||7/10||Tuesday|
|Rocky Mountain National Park||7/11||Wednesday|
|Devil’s Tower National Monument||7/12||Thursday|
|Little Bighorn National Monument||7/13||Friday|
|Yellowstone National Park||7/14||Saturday|
|Idaho Falls, Idaho||7/14||Saturday|
|Grand Teton National Park||7/15||Sunday|
|Rock Springs, Wyoming||7/15||Sunday|
|Dinosaur National Monument||7/16||Monday|
|Glenwood Springs, Colorado||7/16||Monday|
|Arrive back Columbus, OH||7/18||Wednesday|
|One||Identifying Your Cause and Big Fix||Complete|
|Two||Creating a Name and Mission||June 11, 2018|
|Three||Designing Your Logo||June 13, 2018|
|Four||Creating Graphics for Social Media and Websites||June 19, 2018|
|Five||Building a Profile Page on Standwatch.org||June 20, 2018|
|Six||Better Writing Through One-Liners||June 24, 2018|
|Seven||Taking Better Photos With Your Phone||July 1, 2018|
|Location||Date Depart||Date Arrive||Day||Time Depart||Time Arrive|
|Columbus International to Denver International||7/10||7/10||Tuesday||4:41:00 PM||8:17:00 PM|
|Spend the Night in Loveland, CO||7/10||7/10||Tuesday||9:30:00 PM||10:30:00 PM|
|Loveland to Rocky Mountain National Park||7/11||7/11||Wednesday||6:45:00 AM||8:00:00 AM|
|Rocky Mountain National Park to Casper, WY||7/11||7/11||Wednesday||1:00:00 PM||6:00:00 PM|
|Casper, WY to Mount Rushmore, SD||7/12||7/12||Thursday||6:45:00 AM||10:00:00 AM|
|Mount Rushmore to Devils Tower National Monument||7/12||7/12||Thursday||1:00:00 PM||4:00:00 PM|
|Devils Tower National Monument to Gillete, WY||7/12||7/12||Thursday||6:00:00 PM||8:00:00 PM|
|Gillette, WY to Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument||7/13||7/13||Friday||7:00:00 AM||10:00:00 AM|
|Little Bighorn National Monument to Livingston, MT||7/13||7/13||Friday||12:30:00 PM||6:00:00 PM|
|Livingston, MT to Yellowstone||7/14||7/14||Saturday||6:45:00 AM||8:00:00 AM|
|Yellowstone National Park to Idaho Falls||7/14||7/14||Saturday||2:00:00 PM||9:00:00 PM|
|Idaho Falls to Grand Teton National Park||7/15||7/15||Sunday||7:00:00 AM||10:00:00 AM|
|Grand Teton to Casper, WY||7/15||7/15||Sunday||2:00:00 PM||8:00:00 PM|
|Rock Springs to Dinosaur National Monument||7/16||7/16||Monday||7:00:00 AM||10:00:00 AM|
|Dinosaur National Monument to Glenwood Springs, CO||7/16||7/16||Monday||2:00:00 PM||6:00:00 PM|
|Glenwood Springs to Denver||7/17||7/17||Tuesday||5:00:00 PM||9:00:00 PM|
|Denver to CMH||7/18||7/18||Wednesday||8:16:00 AM||1:33:00 PM|